The Steinbright Career Development Center (SCDC) at Drexel University offers personalized career guidance and world-class know-how. From our undergraduate and graduate co-op programs and career workshops, to career counseling, career fairs, national and international hands-on experience, the Steinbright staff can help shape students' careers' — and give them the edge they need to succeed.
The Drexel Co-op
Co-op, short for cooperative education, is a program that balances classroom theory with periods of practical, hands-on experience prior to graduation. Through the co-op program, students are able to alternate academic study with full-time employment, gaining practical experience in their field of study.
Drexel University has been a pioneer in cooperative education since 1919 — operating one of the largest cooperative education programs in the nation. Over 1,500 business, industrial, governmental, and other institutions "cooperate" with Drexel in offering students the opportunity to acquire practical experience in employment related to college studies. Drexel students also have the opportunity to explore research, national and international co-op experiences.
The SCDC offers individual career counseling appointments to assist with selecting majors and setting appropriate career goals as well as counseling and guidance regarding career exploration and your job search.
On Campus Recruiting
Hundreds of jobs are available for graduating students through the campus recruiting program. On campus recruiting (OCR) attracts prominent regional, national, and international companies such as Microsoft Studios and Comcast to conduct interviews on campus.
Alumni & Co-ops Jobs
- 88% of Digital Media Masters grad alumni are working in an area directly related to game development.
- 83% of undergrad alumni who considered themselves "gaming" students are working in an area directly related to game development.
Some of our alumni and co-op jobs include:
- Patrick Kemp — DIGM BS 06 — Microsoft Game Studios — 3D Artist. Game Titles: Forza Motorsport 2, Forza Motorsport 3 — Turn 10
- J Goldberg — DIGM BS 06 — Community Manager at Volition, Inc. / THQ. Titles: Saints Row, Red Faction, etc. Prior: Associate Producer at Midway Games. Producer / Community Manager/ Head GM at OGPlanet
- Kristy Pron — DIGM MS 07 — Researcher Multimedia and Instructional Design at National Defense University. Formerly Research and Development Business Assoc at Walt Disney Imagineering.
- James Grow - DIGM BS 07— Facial Animator— Image Metrics — Titles: Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, Halo: Reach, Red Dead Redemption, God of War 3, GTA IV: Ballad of Gay Tony
- Seth Kendall — DIGM MS 08 — NCSoft — Senior Animator — Titles: not yet disclosed MMORPG. Prior: Take 2 Interactive, Titles: Mini-Golf for the Nintendo Wii.
- Will Muto — DIGM MS 09 — Program Manager — DreamWorks Animation. Microsoft XBOX Live. Formerly Technical Artist — Vivaty Inc. MMO User community.
- Kyle McArdle - DIGM BS 09 - Simulation Developer Lockheed Martin - US Navy Training projects
- >Andrew Aversa — Music Industry BS 09 — Game Composer, Orchestrator —Lucas Arts, Capcom, Midway, Bandai Namco
Titles: Soulcalibur V, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge (LucasArts), The Wheelman (Midway), Super Street Fighter II
- Dan Fornace — DIGM BS 10 — Game Designer — Microsoft Studios
Titles: Killer Instinct Reboot
- Glenn Winters — DIGM MS 13 — Motion Capture Animator — Rockstar Games
- Ryan Reed—DIGM BS 13— Environmental Artist – PHL Collective. Titles: Knight Strike (ioS), Tom and Jerry - Colossal Catastrophe (for Cartoon Network)
- Brian Gitlin— DIGM BS 13— Character Artist – PHL Collective. Titles: Knight Strike (ioS), Tom and Jerry - Colossal Catastrophe (for Cartoon Network)
- Bren King— DIGM BS 13— Environmental Artist – PHL Collective. Titles: Knight Strike (ioS), Tom and Jerry - Colossal Catastrophe (for Cartoon Network)
- Greg "Banov" Lobanov— DIGM BS 14— Founder – Dumb and Fat Games. Titles: Phantasmaburbia, Sling It!, Pollushot, Perfection, Coin Crypt, and many, many more
- Brittany Gilbert— DIGM BS expected 15— Producer Intern – Arkadium.
- Phil Maconi — Software Engineer — Zynga
- Matt Lesnak — Associate Producer — Microsoft Studios
- Jake De Leon — Marketing Manager — Blizzard Entertainment - Southeast Asia
- Nick Avallone — Animator — Airtight Games; Formerly Animator — Microsoft 343 Industries
- Kent Pasquino — Associate Programmer – Insomniac Games
- Girish Balakrishnan — DIGM BS 12, MS 13 — Houdini Intern: Procedural Tools Development for Game Cinematic Pipelines – Side Effects Software
- Keith Ayers— Software Development Engineer — Microsoft;
Co-op: Software Engineer at Liquidmetal Games
- Tucker Abbott — DIGM BS 13 — Technical Artist –Turn10 Studios. Formerly: Technical Artist - Microsoft Studios
Co-op: Assoc. Producer Intern at Microsoft Studios /
- Tom Burdak — CS BS 12, MS 13 — Software Engineer on Project Spark - Microsoft Studios
Co-op: Software Development Enginner at Microsoft Studios
- Robert Speck — Co-op: Multitouch Developer - ETC's The Ride Works